February Attendance Challenge
Can we hit it?
If we reach 1,000, the coaches will do 1 Wall Ball for every workout completed.
So if we go past our goal and say hit 1,050, the coaches will have to do 1,050 Wall Balls!
That alone is worth it, don’t you agree?
Many of us have specific goals that keep us coming to the gym…wanting to set a new PR, lose weight, etc. But I’d like to encourage you to set a February Consistency Goal. Simply make it your goal to get to the gym an average of 3-5 days a week over the month. Here are 5 good reasons to have a February Consistency goal.
1. A consistent workout regimen reduces stress and increases your mental well being. When you work out regularly, your body releases endorphins that enhance your mood. Working out regularly also helps your maintain a healthy weight, combats health conditions, improves mood, boosts energy, promotes better sleep…. see where we are going with this?
2. Consistency will decrease your chance of injury. It is too straining for the body to experience sporadic spurts of strenuous exercise. (Like hitting the gym once or twice every other week.) A gradual increase in intensity will allow your muscles, tendons and ligaments a chance to adjust to the strains and challenges of a fitness regimen.
3. Endurance, muscle strength, and muscle mass “fade” when you skip exercising for too many days in a row. You’ve worked hard to achieve the gains you’ve made this year, you don’t want to lose them over the summer.
4. Perhaps most importantly, motivation also disappears when you skip your workouts. For every day you decide to not come to the gym, it makes it that much easier to not come the next day…and eventually to stop coming all together. Working out creates an extrinsic reward that is so powerful that your brain can latch on to it and make the link that the behavior is worthwhile!!
5. The CrossFit Open kicks off February 25th, so maximize this month to prep as much as you can.