1) Paused Front Squat: Work up to a 2RM. Rest 2:00
– 3 One Thousand Pause at the bottom of each rep
– If you have chains or bands, use them.
– Beginner: Perform sets of 5 working on perfect technique. Add weight only if form permits. Rest 90s between sets.
2) Spend 5:00 warming up pull-ups and setting up scaling for the Metcon.
Every 4:00 x 5 Sets:
6 Deadlifts (225, 155)
12 Goblet Squats (53, 35)
Rx+:(255, 165) (C2B Pull-ups)
L3: (185, 125) (6 Pull-ups per round) (45, 25)
L2: (155, 105) (Band Assisted Pull-ups) (35, 25)
L1: (135, 95) (Ring Rows) (30, 20)
– Strength: Build to a 2RM in paused front squat. Have your partner count 3 ONE THOUSAND for each rep. Make sure you stay rigid in your bottom position. 85% of your current 1RM is a good goal.
– Metcon: Deadlifts are intended to be heavier today and done touch n go. You should have at least 2:00-2:30 of rest for each round so all sets need to be done UB or as close to it as possible. Effort today should be around 80-85%.