1a) Speed Floor Press: 9 x 3, every 60s @65% of two weeks 3RM or a moderate weight.
– +5% from last week.
– Pause for a 1 count on each rep.
– Change Grip every 3 sets ie. close, medium, wide, close
– Take 3-4 sets to build to work weight.
– Beginner: 6 x 4, using one moderate weight for all 5 “work-sets” (slightly heavier than last week)
1b) Banded Pull-apart: In between sets perform 10-15 Slow and Controlled Banded Pull-aparts.
5 rounds for time of:
• 400m run
• 15 Overhead squat 95/65#
– Strength: If you were here last Wednesday try to add 5-10# to the weight used but still maintain bar-speed on each set. Make sure elbows stay tucked in. The intent here is lockout strength trained for dynamic effort (speed).