Sumo Deadlift: 1RM. Rest 3-4:00.
– Take 8-10 sets and work up to a 1RM.
– Beginners: 5 x 5. Adding weight if form permits.
– We performed this on Month 1/Week 3 for a “heavy 1” so compare to previous results. This is a benchmark and will be repeated in 16 weeks.
7 Thrusters (95, 65)
7 Bar Facing Burpees
Rest 5:00 + Repeat
L3: (75, 55)
L2: (65, 35)
L1: (45, 25)
– Strength: Progressively build to a 1RM. Sets should look something like 5-3-2-1-1-1-1..Make sure you don’t spend too much energy performing higher rep sets. Once you can “feel” the weight (70% of above) start performing singles.
– Metcon: 100% effort. Try to match scores on second AMRAP. The rest interval should allow them to maintain comparable level of intensity on the second piece. Thrusters need to be light and done UB. 5:00 rest interval will allow for max effort for both AMRAPs. Leave nothing in the tank on this one.